Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Sunday, January 3, 2010
This afternoon, I ran into an old friend, a classmate, I haven't seen in years. He's doing well - at Big Blue in Bangalore.
You know, sometimes a long gap between meetings shows up something that we didn't notice about people we know well before. This particular individual is more suave, a lot more precise with his words, and is a LOT better at spoken English (not that I am any better :)). Oh, he would be getting married this year, too. Best wishes to him!
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Murali and I touched on one of our fav topics - nothing Darwinian - but the fact that many of our saints in the past (Adi Shankarar, Ramanujar, Thirunavukarasu) had had visions of seeing God. We touched on a few questions along the discussion:
- "Mela poyachu" மேல போயாச்சு - Why does heaven get to be above (and vice-versa)?
- Why does your current life get the results of what you did in your past life (when you can't even recall who you were or what you did)?
- How does God really look like? Human features?
- Your "atma" has no likes/dislikes, positive/negative actions attached to it - it is the body, the container, that gets involved in these tendencies: then, why does the body suffer? (This question becomes more quizzical if you factor past-life karmas...)
- And, of course, the most common of 'em all, "What is the purpose of our lives?" The big picture. Not our individual goals, rather, the collective, universal, goal.
Monday, September 14, 2009
It would be great reliving the opportunities of meeting new people, learning new things, creating new memories (and forgetting older ones at the last workplace).
I remember reading somewhere that adapting at a new workplace is one of the most stressful activities.
But not for this girl. It will be a piece of cake!
Saturday, September 12, 2009
The drama at Rani Seethai Hall on Sunday, August 30, 2009 was awesome.Chennai Drama House's Indru Poi Netru Vaa was the show.
The drama showcased hard-nosed office-politics, with the usualaspiration: managers vying for promotion. The interspersed humor withthe (fake?) swamiyar's "Mata ki jai!" kept the tone going.
If you happen to be in Madras on September 13, 2009, do drop in at theMylapore Fine Arts on Oliver Road at 6.30 pm.